Thursday, September 22, 2011

things to come

I awoke early in the morning on November 14, 2010. Eric and I had been trying to conceive for 6 cycles and although I had taken a pregnancy test the week before at 29 days, I still had no signs of getting my monthly gift. My resting temperatures were still high, so too curious to sleep, I crawled out of bed to take another test since I was leaving for Minnesota that day and wanted to double check. I gasped and tears filled my eyes as both windows for the first time showed blue lines. I stared at the plastic stick for a little while longer and ran out of the bathroom and jumped on my sleeping husband to tell him the good news. We are having a baby.

I am now at 37 weeks. It has been an amazing road preparing to have a child - taking prenatal classes, touring the hospital, reading books on parenting, reading articles on nutrition during pregnancy, taking pictures of my ever growing tummy, buying all of the necessary supplies, wonderful friends and family throwing baby showers for us... It's a lot of work getting ready to be a parent. We are so excited to embark on this adventure of parenting and can hardly wait for what the next few weeks bring. In the mean time, all we can do is thank the Lord for his loving mercy and provision.
-Anna

originally posted june 23, 2011