Thursday, September 22, 2011

the comeback of wine


The fact that this page has been blank so long makes me a bit sad. It’s not for lack of desire, but more from a lack of drinking. Pregnancy + breastfeeding has caused me to shy away from one of our favorite pass times, drinking a glass of wine. Eric has been nice enough to hold off on it as well, unless we have company. But as peanut continues to grow, I am looking forward to my first postpartum glass of vino. In the mean time, I thought it would be appropriate to write about one of our favorite wines. 
The Kim Crawford Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is a New Zealand wine that is perfect for summer and one that we both enjoy drinking. The wine maker describes the wine as being “a bouquet of citrus fruits backed by characteristic herbaceous notes”. I taste the citrus undertones, which causes it to have a light lime flavor. This makes it a great pairing with lighter flavored seafood like shrimp, scallops, or white fish.
This wine typically retails for about $18 per bottle, so we typically wait until it’s on sale. 
-Anna