Something that Eric and I have said that we were going to do since we were dating was learn French. I am not sure why we never did. I suppose it was always pushed to the back of our minds as we found other things to occupy our time with.
Last week, I finally sat down and started going through the Pimsleur method. It’s only audio, which I have found a bit challenging since I am fairly visual, but I have learned that keeping Google translate open and pausing the CD when I have a hard time understanding what they are saying has helped a ton.
I have started to learn basic conversational French and I am excited for Eric to practice and catch up with me so that we can try to speak to each other. I am also hoping that we will be able to teach our children how to speak French and perhaps any other languages that we can pick up.
We will see how this goes, but as of now je comprends un peu le français.