Thursday, September 22, 2011

just me and baby e

Edmund and I did it! We survived without daddy for two whole days all by ourselves. Eric had to go out to the East Coast for an interview, which is great since he is looking for a new job and we want him to go on interviews. However, when he told me about it a few weeks back, I was really excited for him, but I was definitely a bit nervous about having to be alone with Teddy without any help. I do it during the day, which is just fine, but typically I am very ready for Eric to come home from work and hang out with us. Not only is it adult interaction for mommy, it is a short break from entertaining Teddy. He has so far been a pretty easy baby, but I have this habit of sort of imagining the worst case scenarios in my mind to prepare myself for things like this. In reality, it is never that bad. For example, I imagined Teddy getting sick, or screaming all the time, or me getting sick and having a hard time taking care of him. None of those things actually happened. Instead, the weather was great, so we went on plenty of walks, did some tummy time, read books, played in the swing and bouncy chair, Skyped with grandma Kathy, and had lots of snuggle time. We also had some firsts. Edmund smiled at me for the first time on Monday (grandma Kathy can attest to it since he did it while we were Skyping), he slept through the night on Tuesday, and we had our first evening thunderstorm, which Teddy slept through like a pro. Even though we learned that we can survive without daddy, it was a reminder of how much more fun life is with him here.-Anna
originally posted august 24, 2011