Thursday, March 15, 2012

a spring evening

I love waking up and finding that spring has arrived.  I love the sound of the birds singing in the early morning light, the sound of rain pattering against the windows and siding during a morning thunderstorm, and the warm breeze that blows through our apartment. I breath it all in and enjoy it with Edmund and Eric by my side. It is Edmund's first spring (outside the womb).

To enjoy the beautiful weather, last night Eric and I walked to the local park with Edmund. There were a large number of other families that had the same idea. Edmund was a bit shy, taking them all in with his dark brown eyes. He watched the older children as they ran around and played. We let him swing in one of the baby swings, but that didn’t last long as we worried he might fall out. I let him swing on my lap, which was much more comfortable.

We all plopped down in the field and felt the cool grass on our hands and legs. We realized Edmund probably didn’t remember feeling it since it had been since last fall that he had laid in it. He kept gently running his fingers through it. Luckily, he didn’t try to stick any of it in his mouth.

We walked back to our little apartment with the sun setting in the western sky. I gave Edmund a quick bath and fed him to sleep. I kissed his sweet head good night and smelled his sweet smell of milk and Burt’s Bees.

little bear wasn't so sure what to think about swinging
much better swinging with mom
what is this stuff?
sweet little baby head
edmund's shy face
the way back home
It was the perfect way to spend a spring evening.

-Anna