Friday, March 30, 2012

project mustache

I wasn’t sure what to call this, but I guess I will call it project mustache. This isn’t a new thing, but something that happens every spring. Eric gets the itch to shave off his beautiful beard and he starts to get creative. I am not a huge fan of facial hair (beards being the one exception), so I don’t particularly look forward to it. This year, he tried to spring it on me by rushing out the door last Monday morning so that I wouldn’t see it until he got home since he did it after I went to bed. I ran after him to give him a kiss goodbye and he sure surprised me. So yes, he does leave the house like this. In fact, he drags this process out for at least a week so all of us get to enjoy his nifty facial hair.

Eric’s first stop in project mustache is the biker mustache. It is a bit like a goatee, except he shaves some of the hair off of his chin. He uses the sides of his beard next to his mouth to look like his mustache has grown long. I think he looks a bit like Jared Allen, but luckily Eric doesn’t have his mullet.
jared allen (from the mn vikings) and eric have similar facial hair
Next on the tour is Eric’s 80’s mustache. I suppose all of the hipsters are doing it right now. I grew up with my dad having a mustache like this one, so it’s just okay. He looks a bit like Jason Lee.
jason lee is eric's doppelganger
Finally, the tour ends in the 1940’s with Eric’s Clark Gable pencil mustache. Even though this would not be my facial hair of choice, he does a pretty good job not looking like a 14 year old boy and looking quite dapper.
clark gable vs. eric
I think I need to post the entire picture so you can get the full effect.
So, that is the end of project mustache, until next year.

-Anna (and Eric)