You know you are a parent when you are no longer phased by poop. It sounds gross (extremely gross), but it is true.
Perhaps some of you thing I am joking. For those of you in disbelief or who like examples, here you go:
Example 1:
When Edmund was a few weeks old, I realized that somehow I had missed some of the #2 that had gotten smeared on my arm from changing a squirmy baby. It had been there long enough to dry and become crusted on. Blame it on sleep deprivation or sheer ignorance. Unphased, I remember just washing it off as if nothing happened.
Example 2:
I cloth diaper. (For those of you who do, enough said.) On a daily basis this means getting Edmund's stool out of the cloth diaper and into the toilet. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it's a challenge. At least once a week, it means that I get some on my hands. (And, if you shake my hand in church, don't worry. I wash my hands ALL the time and now I am more careful to make sure Example 1 doesn't happen again.)
Example 3:
This week Edmund pooped in the bath for the first time. (I seriously thought I might get through the fist child without this happening.) He started grunting and I knew it was coming. I just waited until he finished, took him out of the bath, drained and cleaned the tub, and refilled it with fresh water for him to finish his bath.
And, for those of you that have potty trained your children, you have my deepest respect. That is one battle that is yet to come and I am sure will lead to many more "accidents".
:Sigh:
Sometimes parenting is gross, but it's all in a day's work.
(Did I mention that Edmund is TOTALLY worth it???)
-Anna
Perhaps some of you thing I am joking. For those of you in disbelief or who like examples, here you go:
Example 1:
When Edmund was a few weeks old, I realized that somehow I had missed some of the #2 that had gotten smeared on my arm from changing a squirmy baby. It had been there long enough to dry and become crusted on. Blame it on sleep deprivation or sheer ignorance. Unphased, I remember just washing it off as if nothing happened.
Example 2:
I cloth diaper. (For those of you who do, enough said.) On a daily basis this means getting Edmund's stool out of the cloth diaper and into the toilet. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it's a challenge. At least once a week, it means that I get some on my hands. (And, if you shake my hand in church, don't worry. I wash my hands ALL the time and now I am more careful to make sure Example 1 doesn't happen again.)
Example 3:
This week Edmund pooped in the bath for the first time. (I seriously thought I might get through the fist child without this happening.) He started grunting and I knew it was coming. I just waited until he finished, took him out of the bath, drained and cleaned the tub, and refilled it with fresh water for him to finish his bath.
And, for those of you that have potty trained your children, you have my deepest respect. That is one battle that is yet to come and I am sure will lead to many more "accidents".
:Sigh:
Sometimes parenting is gross, but it's all in a day's work.
(Did I mention that Edmund is TOTALLY worth it???)
-Anna