I have started a new project in our home that I am lovingly calling the artwork project. Up to this point, we have very few things hanging up on our walls and I am working to change that. The primary reason that we didn't up to this point is artwork and frames cost money and we have had other expenses come up lately.
We had a few pieces hung up in our old apartment, but I am kind of over them and I am looking to update our new home with items that better fit it.
Initially, I wanted to blow up one of our pictures from Europe and put it in the frame, but it was going to be at least $50 to blow it up to the size I would need. I had sort of wanted a painting instead, so I decided to look at artwork posters on Amazon. I have always like this piece by Monet, plus, it was only $5.
The first item on my list to get was a large piece for above the fireplace. I had looked at frames at Michaels and they ran about $60 for the size I wanted. I would still need to fill it with something, which would cost even more.
Luckily, I am a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to many things, and artwork is honestly not one where I am willing to spend a ton of money. There were a few garage sales going on in our community and I was pleased to score two large frames (22x28") for $7.50 a piece!
Now, the pictures in both frames are of some type of urn, which I wasn't thrilled about, so I looked around to see what I could replace them with.Initially, I wanted to blow up one of our pictures from Europe and put it in the frame, but it was going to be at least $50 to blow it up to the size I would need. I had sort of wanted a painting instead, so I decided to look at artwork posters on Amazon. I have always like this piece by Monet, plus, it was only $5.
Set in the frame, our new picture was ready to be placed on our mantel.
I am happy with the way it turned out. On to the next picture project.
-Anna


