My pillow covers needed some love. They were bare in the corners and the fabric really had seen better days. I had bought them from Ikea while I was dating Eric, so that is saying something about their age. Also, the furniture and rooms I had paired them with were completely different than the rooms they were now residing in. I didn't hate them, but I was ready for something different.
I didn't want to have to buy all new pillows because pillows can be expensive. What I really wanted to do was recover them myself.
Enter in my Christmas gift from my wonderful husband - a sewing machine!
This was the first project that I decided to try on my own since I have just started learning how to sew. I found directions online at Design Sponge. There are a lot of pictures and the directions are straight forward.
Now, I should have taken before pictures of both sets of pillows, but I only remembered to take them of the second set of pillows. I ended up making 8 covers total for the pillows in the family room and the guest bedroom. The covers cost around $8 per pillow, which was a much better bargain than buying all new pillows
I am well pleased with how they turned out and they compliment both of the rooms better than the other pillows did.
Before Picture (Family Room)
After Pictures
-Anna
I didn't want to have to buy all new pillows because pillows can be expensive. What I really wanted to do was recover them myself.
Enter in my Christmas gift from my wonderful husband - a sewing machine!
This was the first project that I decided to try on my own since I have just started learning how to sew. I found directions online at Design Sponge. There are a lot of pictures and the directions are straight forward.
Now, I should have taken before pictures of both sets of pillows, but I only remembered to take them of the second set of pillows. I ended up making 8 covers total for the pillows in the family room and the guest bedroom. The covers cost around $8 per pillow, which was a much better bargain than buying all new pillows
I am well pleased with how they turned out and they compliment both of the rooms better than the other pillows did.
Before Picture (Family Room)
After Pictures
-Anna


