In college I was involved in a group called Society of Women Engineers where I helped create and implement science and engineering based activities for young girls in the local community. I really enjoyed teaching them that science is amazing and that it's not just for boys.
So, I pulled this one from the back of my brain in an attempt to teach the boys a little science. Flubber is a made up name that typically refers to a borax and glue based polymer. It's rubbery, stretchy, and best of all, fun to play with.
Here is what you need.
Supplies:
1/2 Cup Elmers Glue
1/2 tsp Borax
Food Dye (optional)
Measuring cups
3/ 8 Cup Cold Water
1/4 Cup Hot Water
Large Bowl
Directions:
1) Pour glue into the bowl.
2) Add cold water to the glue and stir until well combined.
3) Add food coloring and mix well.
4) Mix borax and hot water in a separate bowl. Slowly add to glue mixture until combined and pour off any excess water.
Be amazed!
Have fun playing.
-Anna
So, I pulled this one from the back of my brain in an attempt to teach the boys a little science. Flubber is a made up name that typically refers to a borax and glue based polymer. It's rubbery, stretchy, and best of all, fun to play with.
Here is what you need.
Supplies:
1/2 Cup Elmers Glue
1/2 tsp Borax
Food Dye (optional)
Measuring cups
3/ 8 Cup Cold Water
1/4 Cup Hot Water
Large Bowl
![]() |
| the supplies |
1) Pour glue into the bowl.
2) Add cold water to the glue and stir until well combined.
3) Add food coloring and mix well.
4) Mix borax and hot water in a separate bowl. Slowly add to glue mixture until combined and pour off any excess water.
![]() |
| woah |
| making marks |
![]() |
| cut into shapes |





