I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I am typically disappointed though in peanut butter blossoms. They sound good in theory, but the cookies are often dry and not very flavorful. It's mainly the dry part that turns me off to them.
My mom, though, has a recipe that she clipped out of a magazine years ago that I love. It makes delicious, moist cookies every time. I made some just this past week.
Now, a few words before you go running off to make them. You will need a heavy duty mixer since the dough is very thick. A hand mixer will not be able to handle it. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can start mixing in the dry ingredients with a spoon and finish with your hands.
Ingredients
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups Bisquick
1 tsp vanilla
granulated sugar
Hershey kisses
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 deg F
Beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth.
Add vanilla and Bisquick and mix well.
Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 minutes. Do not over bake.
Immediately press kisses into center once removed from the oven. Cool on rack.
