I love holidays, especially ones where we can develop traditions as a family. I am all about trying to keep it simple, yet meaningful. I try not to go overboard, because as a mom of two energetic boys, I don't need any more work than I already have on my plate.
Art
Since Edmund insists on us painting almost every day anyway, it wasn't a stretch to have him make a few Irish themed projects. Mom helped him with the rainbow. Edmund insisted on having some rain with it.
Rainbow
Shamrock
Hope you all had a happy St. Patrick's day!
-Anna
With Irish blood running through my veins, it makes it fun for us to celebrate St. Patrick's day. Here is a quick snapshot into the things we do to celebrate every year. This is probably more to help me remember than anything else. We having been doing these things (minus the art) since our first year of marriage, so I hope I've got it by now. You really never know.
Dinner
Irish soda bread
(Link to the recipe here. I made a half loaf because a full loaf is way too much. It's like a giant scone and super easy.)
Shepherd's pie
Dinner
Irish soda bread
(Link to the recipe here. I made a half loaf because a full loaf is way too much. It's like a giant scone and super easy.)
Shepherd's pie
Link to the recipe here. I used ground turkey instead of lamb and made the mashed potatoes the night before to make assembling this easier.
Clothes
Wear green (unless you want to get pinched). And yes, my son is going on 13 and talking on the phone to his friends.
Art
Since Edmund insists on us painting almost every day anyway, it wasn't a stretch to have him make a few Irish themed projects. Mom helped him with the rainbow. Edmund insisted on having some rain with it.
Rainbow
Shamrock
Hope you all had a happy St. Patrick's day!
-Anna