I never know what to get my sister for Christmas. Technically, we no longer do presents with the adults, but I always like to get her a little something.
This year, I made her stamped dish towels to match her newly painted kitchen. It was previously a bright yellow prior and is now a nice shade of blue. I thought it would be nice to have towels to match. Plus, everyone uses dishes and has to dry them, so it seemed like a completely practical gift.
![]() |
| stamped towels |
Supplies:
Fabric paint
Dish towels
Small paint roller
Paper plate
Stamps
Directions:
1) Wash dish towels so they are preshrunk.
2) Iron towels flat.
3) Place small amount of paint onto the plate and roll thin with the paint roller.
4) Gently tap stamp in the smoothed out paint on the plate and press down on the towel. Repeat until finished stamping.
5) Allow to dry per fabric paint directions.
Stamping the towels turned out to be much more challenging than I thought. Try not to roll the paint out too thick on the plate or it will end up too thick on the towel. Also, don't select a stamp that is too ornate.
-Anna
