Monday, July 8, 2013

baby comparison

It's interesting to me the different traits that children pick up from their parents. Edmund and Nathaniel ended up both being such a strange mixture of the two of us. I thought it might be fun to compare the two of them to one another and to us.

nathaniel and edmund
The boys have some similarities, but here at less than a week old, they look quite different. They do both have mom's nose, dad's chin, and mom's eyebrows, but that is where much of the similarities end.
edmund vs. nathaniel (~1 week old)
edmund
Now, let's take a look at Edmund. Really, he looks quite a bit like Eric. They have the same expression at least.
eric vs. edmund (eric ~12 months, edmund ~10 months)
Edmund might have my round cheeks and turned up nose, but I still think he looks more like dad.
anna vs edmund (anna ~ 6 months, edmund ~ 10 months)

nathaniel
Nathaniel looks a lot like Eric. Even though he has some of his mother's traits - eyes, eyebrows, and nose, he looks quite a bit like his dad. Perhaps it's the hair.
eric vs nathaniel  (1 day)
eric vs nathaniel (eric ~ 2 weeks, nathaniel ~ 1 week)
I guess I had a lot of hair too. I was also a lot heftier than Eric, so he might get that from me as well.
anna vs nathaniel (anna ~ 4 months, nathaniel ~ 1 week)
I suppose they really just look like themselves - unique and handsome.

-Anna