It’s Mother’s Day. If you allow me to count the fact that I
was pregnant last Mother’s Day, then this is technically my second. For my
first, before I headed off on a flight to Minnesota, Edmund (aka “Peanut”)
bought me a basket of tulips.
![]() |
| my first mother's day - 7 months pregnant |
This year it followed in an equally busy fashion. I didn’t have
to fly somewhere, but I did have a lot of things to get done since we just
moved into our new house yesterday (blog post on that to come sometime in the
future after our house doesn’t look like a box mountain). There was lots of
unpacking, a trip to Home Depot, painting the laundry room, grocery shopping,
playing with Edmund, Skyping with my mom, and cooking dinner. The day passed by
quickly with little time for me to reflect on much.
Now, Edmund is asleep. The house is quiet. I have decided to
let the house (aka box mountain) stay where it is for the night, although it
has gotten smaller. I am feeling extremely blessed. I could write a post about
how much I love being a mom, but I will leave that for another year. Instead, I
will just say that it is the best job I’ve ever had. (Sorry Sportsman’s Guide,
ISU Dining Services, GE, and Cummins – amongst others.)
| my sweet boy |
-Anna
