Monday, April 2, 2018

30 days of thankfulness (round 6)

A place for me to reflect on things I am thankful for during the month of November.

Day 1: Nap/Quiet Time - I am a firm believer in quiet time and nap time. It not only gives the kids time to sleep or chill out by themselves, but it also gives me some much needed sanity time to do whatever I need to do. While it is often spent cleaning, working on tasks, it is nice to not be interrupted.
Day 2: Childcare Volunteers - I volunteered in childcare for our MOPS meeting this morning and it was a humble reminder of how grateful I am for all of the people that volunteer to watch our kids so that can have a break to study the bible or attend a MOPS meeting. It's one of the few breaks I get from the kids during the week.
Day 3: Oven - It sure would be hard to bake without one and today is an apple crisp kind of day for my anniversary to Eric. I thought I would mix it up this year and not say Eric on our actual anniversary, although I am sure he will make an appearance.
Day 4: Eric - I sure love this man and he has been one of the biggest blessings of my life.
Day 5: Fireplace - I love having a fireplace this time of year in our home. The smell of wood smoke makes my heart happy.
Day 6: Christmas lights - It's never to early to put them up and they make everything look so beautiful in the winter.
Day 7: My eyes - While my vision isn't perfect, a visit with the eye doctor for my routine exam is a reminder of how lucky I am to have my sight.
Day 8: Boots - They keep my legs warm and allow me to wear my skirts and dresses as the weather cools down.
Day 9: Problem Solving Skills - How else would I have been able to put an Idea dresser together by myself. Those directions need some labels on the wood rather than making me analyze hole patterns.
Day 10: Edmund - The boy who made me a mom. This about amazes me sometimes with his willingness to share and help out.
Day 11: Nathaniel - For the boy after my own heart. I never thought I would have a mini of myself, but here he is, only cuter.
Day 12: TV Nights - Sometimes it is just nice after a long day to sit and watch Poldark with Eric, to enjoy being entertained, and not to do anything.
Day 13: Goodwill - For providing a place to let things we no longer need go to, easily.
Day 14: Clara - happiest birthdays to my youngest child and sweet girl.

And, apparently I forgot to finish this! I suppose that is life with three kids. So much to be thankful for and so little time. Ha!