So, I am all about family traditions. I really love them. They don't have to be crazy or elaborate (although they can be if you really want them to be).
Last year, I sat down and thought about all of the things I wanted to do with Edmund and Nathaniel over the Christmas season. It was all about making memories and the boys having fun. The list was long, so I refined it down to the top things that I wanted to do with them every year (at this age).
Now that I had a list, rather than trying to do everything at once and cram everything in the first week, I thought it would be nice to spread it out.
The 25 days of Christmas were then born.
We do them in no particular order. I do place them in our advent calendar. I sometimes rearrange them based on how busy the day is and depending on what I think we can realistically get done.
start unwrapping the greatest gift by ann voskamp
write a letter to santa
buy a present for toys for tots
make christmas play dough
sip hot apple cider by the fire
create snowflake cutouts and decorate the house
drink homemade hot chocolate and toast before bed
look at christmas lights in the car
decorate the christmas tree
watch a christmas movie as a family
make a christmas craft
celebrate st. nicholas day
throw a birthday party for jesus
take a bath by christmas lights
make christmas cards for family and friends
take a family christmas picture
make homemade ornaments
bake christmas cookies
go caroling
deliver a cookie plate to a friend
read a christmas book
family christmas sing along
serve red and green food for dinner
take a walk through the neighborhood to look at christmas lights
Here are some highlights from each year.
2013
........................................................
 |
| decorating the tree |
 |
| christmas play dough |
 |
| alum creek christmas lights |
 |
| frosting cookies |
 |
| finished cookies |
 |
| hot chocolate in front of the fire |
 |
| baby guy |
 |
| bath in front of the christmas lights |
 |
| letter to santa |
2014
..................................................................................
 |
| making cookie dough |
 |
| cutting snow flakes |
 |
| salt dough ornaments |
 |
| paint ornaments |
 |
| painting ornaments |
 |
| finished salt dough ornaments |
 |
| letters to santa |
 |
| zoo lights |
 |
| zoo lights |
 |
| zoo lights |
 |
| ginger boys and apple cider |
 |
| lights at alum creek |
 |
| christmas brothers |