Edmund is a helper. It is one of his gifts that is a blessing and a curse at this age. I love to let him help, but it takes more time, typically more cleaning up, and often more frustration on my part. That aside, I wanted to put something together for him so he visualize the things that he was helping with every day. After looking online a bit, I came up with Edmund's task chart. He does them on his own, with periodically some helpful reminding.
This is what I did.
The Board
1) The board itself was made out of a large 18"x24" picture frame that I purchased at a garage sale for $10.
2) I then purchased two small sheets of galvanized sheet metal at Menard's because they had the best prices that I could find. Here is the link. I purchased two of them and then taped them together.
3) Finally, I purchased some fun fabric at Joann's to cover the metal with.
4) I left the glass in front of everything so that I could update the chart when I decide to add Nathaniel to the list.
Note: The magnets don't work great through the class, but well enough that the beads still stay up on the board. Some of them like to slide down after a while.
The Tasks
1) I purchased large decorative glass beads and Joann's.
2) I printed out adorable pictures for a chore chart that I found online and then modge podged the pictures to the beads.
3) I found some small magnets at Home Depot that I super glued onto the back of each of the beads.
Total, the project cost around $30. I have since added a few more tasks to his board and look forward to seeing what else he could help with around the house. It has been great seeing him want to move his tasks at the end of the day and having us talk about the ways he has helped. The reward is a job well done.
-Anna
This is what I did.
The Board
1) The board itself was made out of a large 18"x24" picture frame that I purchased at a garage sale for $10.
2) I then purchased two small sheets of galvanized sheet metal at Menard's because they had the best prices that I could find. Here is the link. I purchased two of them and then taped them together.
3) Finally, I purchased some fun fabric at Joann's to cover the metal with.
4) I left the glass in front of everything so that I could update the chart when I decide to add Nathaniel to the list.
Note: The magnets don't work great through the class, but well enough that the beads still stay up on the board. Some of them like to slide down after a while.
The Tasks
1) I purchased large decorative glass beads and Joann's.
2) I printed out adorable pictures for a chore chart that I found online and then modge podged the pictures to the beads.
3) I found some small magnets at Home Depot that I super glued onto the back of each of the beads.
![]() |
| tasks |
-Anna

