Friday, November 1, 2013

30 day of thankfulness (round 2)

In my heart I felt it. It was hesitation to put anything else on my plate that I had to do every day. I sometimes struggle to remember if I brushed my teeth this morning. And, didn't I write down 30 things I was thankful for last year. Surely, I could just copy paste from there and be done. (You can find it here if you are curious.)

But, I felt convicted.

Sometimes I am so ungrateful. I easily take things for granted.

So again this year, I am going to list them. Even if they are things that I was thankful for last year, I am going to post them again and be thankful again.

So, here we go.

I am thankful for:
1) Babies. This has been the year of babies for myself with the birth of Nathaniel and for many of my friends who had their first or second children. I am so thankful for the ones here on earth, the ones that are in heaven, the ones being adopted into new homes, and the ones that are being wished and prayed for.
2) Eric. Awesome husband and amazing father.
3) Marriage. I should have said Eric today so instead I will say marriage. So blessed to have a marriage that is fought for and worked on with love. Happy 6th anniversary!
4) Nap Time. I am thankful for an hour of silence all to myself, even if the only thing I get done is picking up the house and washing dishes. Even better are the days where I get a catnap in as well.
5) MOPS. I love the little break to spend time with other women, grow closer to God, and make new friends.
6) Bible Study. Glad to have friends to study God's word with and help me along because most days, I really need it.
7) Gifts. I love being able to spend time with friends and bless them with any of the gifts that God has given me.
8) Singing. I am thankful for singing with my children and hearing little voices sing back.
9) Spray Paint. Sounds silly, but our outdoor lights are a disaster and I am so thankful for the scientists that came up with spray paint with primer built in that bonds to metal because for less than $10 our lights are going to look brand new rather than replacing all 5 of them for a few hundred bucks.
10) Church. I love everything about my church. Just wish it was a bit closer.
11) Veterans. I am so thankful for those who have served and continue to serve our country in the military.
12) A Warm Home. With snow on the ground, I am so thankful I have a place to keep my family safe and warm.
13) Lazy Days. Thankful for days with nothing to do but play with my kids and cook dinner.
14) Play Dates. Although I do enjoy being at home, I also enjoy spending time with good friends and watching our kids run around. It's a much needed break to have adult conversation with women.
15) Warm Days. With it being cold recently, I am grateful for the last few warmish days before winter sets in to get some work done outside.
16) A Fireplace. Although this was a deal breaker for a lot of great houses we looked out, I am grateful that my husband insisted on a wood burning fireplace to enjoy during the cold months.
17) Safety During Storms. So grateful to make it through the crazy storms that went through without any damage. We are safe and sound and thankful that despite the tornado warnings in the area, that we were spared.
18) My Hands. They do so much during the course of a day. I am grateful for them and that they do everything without complaining.
19) Skype. Grateful for a means to keep in contact with family since we live far away, especially so that they can see the boys and the boys can see them.
20) Hair Stylists. So grateful to have other people cut my hair. I have cut my own before (pretty much my entire college career since I was so cheap) and it looks much better when someone else does it.
21) My Camera. I am so grateful to be able to take pictures of my kids with it and to bless my friends by taking pictures of their kids for them occasionally.
22) Grocery Stores. I am thankful that I can go and get food whenever I want and that we never go hungry.
23) Christmas Decorations. I am thankful for the approaching Christmas season and the ability to decorate our home to celebrate it.
24) Hair Binders. Love an easy way to keep my hair away from little grabbing hands and for bad hair days.
25) We Joy Sing. Love singing classes with my little boy and so thankful for a little way to do something special time with him, although baby brother gets to come with.
26) The Minivan. Never thought I would be thankful for a minivan, but I am. It's great for hauling stuff and it's nice to have enough room for Eric to put his seat back since he is so tall. The Focus just wouldn't work.
27) My Kids in The Car. I might be kicking myself as when we decide to finally make the trek to Minnesota, but my kids were awesome on their first long trip together.
28) Wine. Makes a hard day better and a dinner more delightful.
29) Fresh Christmas Trees. Thankful for the smell of a fresh tree to decorate our home with.
30) Family. Thankful to celebrate my birthday one day early with family and for them to make me a special dinner and delicious cake. Thankful for my adorable, wonderful, spirited children. Families really are the best.

-Anna