Friday, April 26, 2013

nursery bird artwork

With the movement of Edmund's baptismal prayer out of the nursery, it left an empty wall. I wasn't quite sure what to do. Since the nursery has a nature theme, I decided it might be cute to make a bird collage with a frame that I already had on hand.

I had the inspiration from a post that I had seen on a different blog on making a bird mobile out of scrapbook paper.
Here is what I did:
1) I made a template out of paper for a bird outline and wing outline and then traced it on different pieces of scrap paper that I had on hand. If you need help, google "bird outline" and then look at the images to get some ideas.

2) I then decided how I would pair the wings and the outlines so that they contrasted nicely.

3) I then used a glue stick to glue the body and wing pieces to white scrapbook paper that I cut to fit into the frame slots.

4) Using a black marker, I added eyes to the birds and legs.

-Anna